Sunday, March 09, 2008

March Update

My PRP is coming along fairly well, I'm just finishing off the 3rd and 4th artefact and currently awaiting results to contribute to the final two.

As for the client project, me and Tony decided we could salvage my project my focusing the film less on interviews with the team, and concentrating more on the radio play itself, the two films that inspired it, and the history of Tony's personal and professional connection to the era, the films and his script for the radio play, which has now received the official support of Ray Connolly and Lord David Putnam, who wrote/produced the first two films. I've also written a new pre-rehearsed scene for the film to add a bit of comic relief.

The rough breakdown of how the documentary will work now looks like this:


Introduction to the films/content

Voice over of introduction to the idea, the films & Tony Marshall
Film Clips
Original team/plan
Tony’s 2nd Interview/Dallas connection (Larry Hagman)

Locations

Oldham Edge/Blackpool – dedication to the original films
Personal interest in films and music
Film clip of the line ‘if it weren’t for me, you’d still be catching crabs in Oldham’ – Putting Oldham, Tony’s birthplace on the map

Letters/Emails – backing from writers

Showing the enthusiastic responses from Ray Connolly and Lord David Putnam

Tony’s Routine - the prerehearsed scene

Tony is a very serious actor and to be able to get into the character of Jimmy Mclaine Jnr, he has to endure a demanding routine:

The character was a heavy drugs user, so to get into character {Tony using drugs & drinking} – my sisters house
He then plays air bass for 5 hours every day {Tony playing air Bass} - confetti
Tony reads the script every day {Tony reading the sun, then noticing the camera, and quickly throwing it down} – my sisters house
Tony also wanted to lose weight for the character {Tony eating a mars bar then swapping to a nutrigrain one} – outside my house
To keep in line with the bad boy image of rock stars, Tony has also been regularly committing petty crimes {tony breaking into a house & Tony stealing a handbag} – My house & outside my house
Tony also keeps his cool by pulling shapes in front of the mirror for upto 7 hours a day {pulling shapes in front of the mirror} – My House

The Music Review

Tony & David talk about the soundtrack, its relevance – Confetti Studios

Confetti Studios

The production of the Radio play – my own thoughts on the characters I’ve been given
Further interviews/performances
Music Production

Final thoughts/interview of Tony covering the original idea, his original team, the trials & tribulations and the future

No comments: